Be the first to post a comment! To write a comment please log in or register.
Chalon, Alfred EdwardDate of birth and death: 1781-1860 Uploaded artworks: 8
Chalon was born in Geneva but moved with his family to London at the time of the French Revolution. He studied at the Royal Academy Schools from 1797 and established a reputation as a fashionable portraitist in watercolours. He was appointed Portrait Painter in Watercolours to Queen Victoria in 1837 and he was the first artist to whom she sat after her accession. His portrait of the young queen was used on early issues of colonial stamps.
After logging in the following functions will be available:
- Uploading new artworks, artists and museums
- Posting exhibitions, glossary and library entries
- Adding comments, blogging, voting
- Adding new infos to objects
- Recording your game-scores to the Hall of Fame
You can also use TerminArtors Social Connect to log in.