Be the first to post a comment! To write a comment please log in or register.
Carreno De Miranda, JuanDate of birth and death: 1614-1685
Nationality: SpanishUploaded artworks: 15
Carreno was a member of a Spanish noble family, whose studies in the royal collection in Madrid caused him to be influenced by Rubens and Titian. In 1669 he was made a Painter to the King and in 1671 Court Painter. He produced several religious pictures, but was chiefly a portrait painter, adapting the styles of Velazquez and Van Dyck. There are works in Barnard Castle (Bowes Museum), Madrid (Prado and Galdiano Museum), Paris (Louvre) and elsewhere.
After logging in the following functions will be available:
- Uploading new artworks, artists and museums
- Posting exhibitions, glossary and library entries
- Adding comments, blogging, voting
- Adding new infos to objects
- Recording your game-scores to the Hall of Fame
You can also use TerminArtors Social Connect to log in.