Be the first to post a comment! To write a comment please log in or register.
Girolamo da Carpi (original name Girolamo Sellari) was an Italian painter of the Ferrarese school. According to Vasari he had apprenticeship under Garofalo whose style he did not adopt, however. He orientated towards Correggio, Parmigianino, Raphael, and in particular Dosso, to whom he was probably also an assistant. At Ferrara, after Dosso's outburst of Venetian and northern fantasy and Benvenuto da Garofalo's classicism, Carpi enriched the local tradition with echoes of Michelangelo.
After logging in the following functions will be available:
- Uploading new artworks, artists and museums
- Posting exhibitions, glossary and library entries
- Adding comments, blogging, voting
- Adding new infos to objects
- Recording your game-scores to the Hall of Fame
You can also use TerminArtors Social Connect to log in.