Be the first to post a comment! To write a comment please log in or register.
Caroto, Giovanni FrancescoDate of birth and death: 1488-1562
Nationality: ItalianUploaded artworks: 4
Caroto (also Carotis) was a pupil of Liberale to whom he remained true in his early work. In Mantua, he came into personal contact with Mantegna, which lead to a modification of his style. He also adopted ideas from Titian and Raphael. Berenson describes him as an eclecticist. His great pupil, Veronese, seems to have benefited from this.
After logging in the following functions will be available:
- Uploading new artworks, artists and museums
- Posting exhibitions, glossary and library entries
- Adding comments, blogging, voting
- Adding new infos to objects
- Recording your game-scores to the Hall of Fame
You can also use TerminArtors Social Connect to log in.