Be the first to post a comment! To write a comment please log in or register.
Avati was born on May 27,1921 in Monaco but has spent his working life in Paris. Together, with the expatriate Japanese artist Shoichi Hasegawa and Yozo Hamaguchi in Tokyo he led the revival of mezzotint as a popular print medium. This painstaking and laborious technique has a richness which no other type of etching can emulate. The depth of colour obtained, particularly the blacks, have a velvety quality. Avati's works are all still lifes. The inspiration is obviously classical but he is a 'modern' artist in every way
After logging in the following functions will be available:
- Uploading new artworks, artists and museums
- Posting exhibitions, glossary and library entries
- Adding comments, blogging, voting
- Adding new infos to objects
- Recording your game-scores to the Hall of Fame
You can also use TerminArtors Social Connect to log in.