Be the first to post a comment! To write a comment please log in or register.
Spanish painter active in Madrid, where he was the equivalent of Murillo in Seville. In his genre scenes the influence of VelĂˇzquez, as well as that of Murillo, is evident - e.g. The Picture Seller (Munich) - but his style derives from the Venetians and from Rubens. He specialized in the typically Spanish subject of the Immaculate Conception, of which at least twenty-five versions by him are known. He also painted portraits. There are works in Amsterdam, Barnard Castle (Bowes Museum), Copenhagen, Dublin, Madrid, Oxford (Ashmolean) and Seville.
After logging in the following functions will be available:
- Uploading new artworks, artists and museums
- Posting exhibitions, glossary and library entries
- Adding comments, blogging, voting
- Adding new infos to objects
- Recording your game-scores to the Hall of Fame
You can also use TerminArtors Social Connect to log in.